Although the twenty-first century India is highly educated and developing at a fast pace, there is still a higher preference for a male child. Perceived as the alpha, the protector and provider, sons are considered as assets whether for political, economic or ritual reasons while daughters are considered burdensome liabilities.
As of 2015, according to statisticstimes.com, among all countries, India ranked 192nd with a dismal sex ratio of 106.98, which means there were only 93.47 females for every 100 males. Again, according to an article in the Lancet (2011), research data implies that ‘in India about 400,000 sex-selective abortions have taken place annually in recent years’!
After So much development still Girl Education is a serious Problem in India.
Girls’ education is a strategic development priority. Better educated women tend to be healthier, participate more in the formal labor market, earn higher incomes, have fewer children, marry at a later age, and enable better health care and education for their children, should they choose to become mothers.
So here i am going to introduce you to a Soul Who is Inspiring Society and spreading awareness and positivity among all .She is The Person who is supporting those who are being demoralise by society.I really feel Proud and Insipred after Meeting A Pure Soul
” ANJALI RANA ”
• STATE VICE PRESIDENT DELHI BJP MAHILA MORCHA
•FORMER SECRETARY AT DELHI UNIVERSITY STUDENT’S UNION
•VICE PRESIDENT INDIAN WOMEN OLYMPIC ASSOCIATION
•NATIONAL WOMEN ICON AWARDEE
Lets talk on Importance of Girl education with ANJALI RANA JI
◆ WHAT COMES TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU HEAR THE TERM “WOMEN EMPOWERMENT” ?
• When we think about woman empowerment, first of all we have to change our ideas and thoughts about what she is capable of doing. Why we are not able to understand that she possess all the qualities which a man have. Empowerment to me is a woman who feels at her utmost comfort at all times, no need for social boundaries/ideologies on how a female should be. She should be comfortable in her own skin, not afraid to be a little weird. Because we all are. We all wear these masks to conform into a society just to make others feel comfortable. An empowered woman has no boundaries. She plays more roles than men as a daughter, as a mother, as a wife, as an employee, as a boss etc.
◆ WHAT IS YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIRLS & HOW YOU THINK WE ALL ARE WORKING TOWARDS IT?
• To me, equality underscores the fact that men and women as intrinsic human beings have the same opportunities and human rights. Equal opportunities for girls means that if she is able to perform the same quality engineering work, she should be paid exactly the same as the men is paid.
Gender should have no influence on the treatment people are experiencing in every sphere of our lives, not solely workplace. Progress in terms of equal opportunities is uneven. The changes have led to an increased sense of self-esteem among the women, who now have greater confidence to speak and participate in the affairs of the cooperatives.
◆ACCORDING TO YOU, WHAT ARE THE BARRIERS IN LESS PARTICIPATION OF GIRLS IN EDUCATION EVEN AFTER MUCH DEVELOPMENT?
•These are Barriers according to me ,
1. Social and cultural factors
2. Early marriage
3. The opportunity cost of school for many families, especially the poorest, seems like an extra burden.
4. Lack of qualified female teachers.
◆ HOW CAN WE OVERCOME THESE BARRIERS?
•These barriers can not be overcome in a day or two but it will take some time to completely demolish them. Policies by the government, improving awareness and creating suitable factors will surely help.
◆ IT IS SAID THAT “IF WE EDUCATE A MAN, WE EDUCATE A MAN ONLY, BUT IF WE EDUCATE A WOMAN WE EDUCATE THE WHOLE NATION” ,
WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS?
• I truly agree with this statement because there are a lot of circumstantial changes in a woman’s life and a women has her effect on a lot of families revolving around her.
◆IF YOU MEET A FAMILY WHICH DON’T SEND THEIR DAUGHTER TO SCHOOL, HOW WILL YOU CONVINCE THEM TO PROVIDE EDUCATION TO THEIR DAUGHTER?
• I will try convince the parents by telling them that a good education can help their daughter to explore various opportunities with respect to her career, finances and most importantly her life. I will tell them that education makes a person self-dependent, their daughter wouldn’t have to struggle everyday to make her ends meet, she will have the ability to stand on her own feet and take care of them as well . I will explain to them that there is nothing worse than not being able to be self-sufficient. If it is a problem related to mentality , a few questions like these should suffice, however if it is more of a financial problem try putting them in touch with an NGO like Himanjali Foundation and others , if they seem reluctant, ask them if they would like to see their daughter struggling in poverty just like them. Tell them that educating their girl child will help them to break out of the cycle of poverty.
◆ WHAT ACCORDING TO YOU IS THE BEST WAY TO ENSURE THAT EVERY GIRL GOES TO SCHOOL?
• We need to make sure that in every community all parents are made aware of importance of girl child, education, health and hygiene and not to believe things like girls are a burden to the family. We need to support and motivate girls to join sports, defense, business and all other jobs. We must make sure to give equal opportunities for girls and boys and give them good quality education.
◆ IF MORE GIRLS WILL BE EDUCATED, DO YOU THINK THAT THE PRESENT SCENARIO WILL CHANGE?
•Yes , Definitely.
◆WHAT ARE THE STEPS & AWARENESS PROGRAMS SHOULD BE DONET BY GOVERNMENT AND PEOPLE TO PROVIDE SAFETY & EDUCATION TO GIRLS?
• These steps should be taken.
1. Badges and name tags should be made mandatory for teaching and non-teaching staff
2. Police verification and psychometric evaluation of the teaching and non-teaching staff should always be undertaken
3. Visitors must have limited access to the school
4. CCTV cameras need to be installed across school premises and should be regularly monitored
5. Sexual Harassment Prevention
6. Transport Safety
◆ A MESSAGE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE TO SOCIETY AND GIRLS.
• Be independent. Be well settled on your own. Have your own identity. Dream of contributing towards the nation. Dream of doing something for the society. Don’t let anybody define you. You define Yourself.
With such strengths that women possess, why should they continue to be sidelined? The girls of today are proving themselves equal to boys in every respect. They are distinguishing themselves as achievers in every field, from academics to sport to profession. They are successfully playing multiple roles in every sphere of life. Their will to develop and help others develop alongside is what can take our society forward. They are meant to be 50 per cent of the population, their voices matter in creating a more equitable community. Moreover, they make a ‘house’ feel like ‘home’. So, go ahead and welcome the girl child with a warm embrace!
GIRLS ARE THE FUTURE OF SOCIETY
EDUCATE GIRL CHILD
THANK YOU FOR READING